Thursday, July 22, 2010

Flying by...

The last few weeks have been a complete blur for me...



I've been seeing old friends, new friends and family.  I spent a week watching my parents' house while they were away and mothering their plants (I did a pretty good job too!).  I've planned two vacations (Niagara next week, Maine in August) and am generating ideas for my brother's wedding.  And on top of that, it was my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary (!), I'm still volunteering at a literacy center, I'm taking an online writing class and Anthony's mom's birthday is in a week.  Whew. 

So I haven't had time to blog much, although every time I read something neat online, I think about how I should write about it for my own blog.  I need to start reading more and writing more in general, but with this heat, it's all I can do after work to make dinner and not fall asleep watching television.  This weather reminds me why I love the winter. 

Anyway, I'll be checking in more often.  For now, four things that I'm loving:

  • I just bought an ice cube tray that makes ice in the shape of gum drops.  They are small enough to pop in my water bottle and just the right size to put right in your mouth for a chilly treat. 
  •  Anthony brought home a bag of Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies with Strawberry filling.  I thought I only liked these cookies with mint but the fruit flavor works!
  • My online fiction writing class is through Bowling Green State University's MFA Program in Ohio and I was just sent a copy of the Mid-American Review as part of my tuition.  Really great so far--copies can be ordered here!
  •  I haven't gotten a haircut in a year and my long, curly hair is hanging down past my mid-back, but tonight's the night!  I can't believe that I'm this excited about a haircut...

No comments: