Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cheesy Goodness


Anthony went to San Francisco last month for work and when he came back, he brought me a wonderful treat: four huge loaves of sourdough bread.  He never brings me back souvenirs from business trips but he knows Boudin Bakery's sourdough bread is something that I dream about, even though I only had it once on a long ago ill-fated 24-hour trip to San Francisco with my mother.  I've had sourdough almost everyday for the past month.  I froze most of it and have been taking it out to thaw little by little. Unfortunately, I'm savoring every bite now since I'm down to my last loaf.

My two favorite things to make with sourdough are toast and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Seriously, nothing tastes better on the tangy slices than melted cheese.  Since we are moving soon, I've decided to try to use most of what we have food-wise so we don't have to lug it to our new apartment.  In the freezer, I found a package of maple bacon.  Even though I hate frying bacon, I knew it would only add to the deliciousness of the bread.  Anthony and I ate on the couch surrounded by boxes of books and DVDs--it was the best dinner we've had in a long time. 


Photo courtesy of Boudin Bakery

No comments: