Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Brunch Etiquette

Sunday is Mother's Day and we've invited our families over for brunch. It'll be the first time that they've seen our new place and I'm a little nervous considering about 40% of what we own is still in boxes.  Originally, I thought that I would just serve a 'tea party' kind of spread with homemade muffins, fresh scones, coffee, mimosas and some kind of cake (maybe layered, maybe coconut?), but now I'm having second thoughts.  When people are invited for breakfast, are they expecting eggs, bacon and potatoes of some sort? My initial idea is very carb-heavy, too--the more I look at it, the more I feel like it desperately needs some protein.

Here are a few items that I might add:

Bacon Onion Cheddar Biscuits from the Pioneer Woman


I've made these once before and they were delicious.

Cinnamon Baked French Toast from the Pioneer Woman



I've never made french toast like this but it looks fast and easy so it may be worth a try.

Home Fries from Smitten Kitchen



I've also made these before and other than cutting up ingredients, this is the fastest way to make great-tasting home fries.

Brown Sugar-Glazed Bacon from Martha Stewart



Bacon makes every meal better, right?

Croq-Télé (Almond Cookies) from Dorie Greenspan/CHOW


I love bite-size cookies.

Add to this list a berry salad and scrambled eggs.  Now, what do you think? Too much or too little?  Nice variety? Any suggestions?

No comments: