Friday, March 25, 2016

Cooking with Other People's Grandmas

I caught this episode of My Grandmother's Ravioli the other day and have been thinking about it ever since.  Many of my own childhood memories involve my grandmother and we spent much time in her kitchen; Guelda reminded me of her and I even found myself tearing up at several points.

I've seen the show several times before and just love how Mo Rocca really makes an effort to get to know these grandparents.  He spends time cooking with them, listening to their stories and learning about their hobbies and interests. It's clear that he genuinely cares about these lovely people, which is really what makes the show so enjoyable to watch. 

The Cooking Channel cancelled My Grandmother's Ravioli just a few weeks ago actually.  It seems like a random show that was on a strange channel but trust me when I tell you it's so worth a watch. Hopefully, the reruns will run for a long time to come.


No comments: