Saturday, April 2, 2016

Book Review: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

I read Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon in one night. Yoon's debut novel contains a mix of traditional chapters, gchat conversations, lists and graphics, and it hooked me immediately.  The story of Maddy, a girl who is literally allergic to everything and unable to leave the house, was real and captivating right from the start.  When she falls in love with the new boy next door, Oliver, she quickly  realizes that she could never have a 'normal' life with him.  She can't even touch him due to her health condition, and as their relationship grows, I truly felt for Maddy. Her world is small but she is relatively happy until she actually knows what she is missing.


I'm hesitant to say more because the plot twists in the second half of Everything, Everything are truly great and I would hate to ruin that for anyone. Trust me when I say that this is the perfect book to devour in a single sitting.

1 comment:

Shirley B. Houghton said...

I read this article completely about the comparison of most recent and preceding technologies, it's amazing article iTunes Gift Card