Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Borrowing a Page from Prêt à Voyager

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and if I like the author, I always find myself looking for a list of blogs that he or she reads daily.  In the past few weeks, I have bookmarked over a dozen new blogs that are have really peaked my interest.  One called Prêt à Voyager is all about on Paris and travel, focusing on people who travel internationally or are living as ex-pats in France.  There is a standard series of questions that all guests featured in "Boarding Pass" are asked, ranging from favorite vacation spot to preferred method of transportation.  As I searched through some of the archived "Boarding Passes," I found myself wanting to answer these questions myself so here are my answers to a few of my favorite questions.  Let's see how much you can learn about me from my travel preferences!

Last trip taken:

Washington DC--I was with my boyfriend and it was our first time in the city.  We travel to New York and Boston all the time and since we visited Philadelphia for the first time last March, we were really looking forward to our DC trip.  Our four days there were freezing and we loved every minute of it.  We saw as many monuments as possible, visited several museums, ate in wonderful restaurants and had numbs fingers and toes the entire time.  I'd love to go back in the spring or fall and see what the city's like without wearing four layers of clothing.

One place you would go back to again and again:

San Diego.  It's a magical place.  The weather is wonderful, the people are friendly and I feel like a different person when I'm sitting near the Pacific Ocean, cross-legged and barefoot. 

Place you'd never go back:

Although I think I would give Phoenix another try if we went in the winter, I would never go back in the summer.  It was too hot to enjoy our vacation and I got a horrible sunburn that lasted the entire trip.

Place you've never been but are dying to visit:

For me, there is never enough time or money to travel to all of the places that I would like to visit.  I have a very long list of US cities that I want to visit as well as a very long list of places in the world that I would like to see before I settle down.  Some of my top destinations include Chicago, Seattle, Montreal, Barcelona, Prague, Iceland and any of the Scandinavian countries.

Most memorable trip in 2 sentences or less:

I'll always remember the first trip my boyfriend and I took together as a dating couple.  We were in San Diego and although we had a few meltdowns (I wanted it to be a perfect trip and was trying a bit too hard!), we had a wonderful time together and have great memories of that week.

How do you record your travels?

I try to take as many pictures as possible which doesn't amount to that many since I usually forget about my camera when I am looking around and admiring the locale.  My boyfriend has been helping me collect business cards and cute pamphlets or matchbooks from places that we visit as well.  When we return home, I try to put the pictures and other tidbits together in an album so that we look back through it years later, we'll remember all of the details that made the trips so great.

No comments: