Friday, November 5, 2010

Savannah-Bound!


 
We're going to Savannah in March!  Two weeks ago, when Anthony and I were with his mother, we offered to go on vacation with her to one place that she has been dying to visit (not including Europe).  She chose Savannah, which was no surprise to me since she loves tea parties and all things Victorian.  We decided on March, and after a little research, Georgia in the early spring is actually much warmer than I thought it would be, which will be a great treat for us as New Englanders.

And now, on to the planning stage.  I love love love to read about a place before I actually go so that I know a bit about the history and the general layout.  Savannah has historic squares within a simple-looking street layout.  This will be my first time below Washington DC, although I was in Florida once.  I've never been to the 'true' south and am really looking forward to seeing a whole new part of the country! 

So, what to see and do in Savannah?  Anthony and I usually walk to explore new places but I'm not sure his mom will be up for that.  A tour of the city's gardens and perhaps a sidetrip to Tybee Island, which I read is beautiful, will definitely be on the itinerary.  And of course, we must visit a tea room!

Have you ever been to Savannah?  Any favorite places or must-sees?


Photo from Southern Living magazine

No comments: