Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sprinkles, for Real

Almost five years ago, when Anthony and I were in Phoenix, Sprinkles was opening a location in Scottsdale but we were a few weeks too early.  I remember being so disappointed because I'd heard great things about the place, but just within the last couple of months, Sprinkles has headed east.  There is one in Washington DC and another store just opened on the Upper East Side.

The cupcake craze might be waning but I'm still on board.  I'm not a huge cake fan so cupcakes are the perfect size dessert for me and I'd love to try Sprinkles since it was the first all-cupcake bakery. And after seeing a photo of the inside of the store, I'm in love with the giant stools that look like frosted cake.


Has anyone ever been to a Sprinkles bakery? I wonder how the cupcakes compare with Crumbs...


Photo courtesy of New York Times

No comments: