Friday, July 8, 2011

My Perfect Party

When I browse through stationary sites, sometimes I wish that I had frequent, lavish parties so that I could send out awesome invitations all the time.  I get so excited when I receive an invitation or card in the mail, especially one that looks like someone took at least a few minutes to make sure it looked special before throwing it in a mailbox, and I'm sure other people do, too.  For Christmas every year, I typically send out about 50 holiday cards and I always make sure there's a cute sticker on the back and some kind of festive stamp (It really seems to bug the postal workers when I ask to see their holiday stamps but whatevs). What a difference a little bit of glitter makes.

In my perfect world, the next batch of cards I send will have a cool customized stamp on the back, perhaps something like one of these:



 (With our own personal information, obviously)


Maybe I will hang these crepe paper chains around the apartment the next time we expect company:


 (I think a combination of peach and navy blue would compliment one another well)


And maybe, just maybe, I will have a reason someday to throw a party with a fantastic "Cow/Milk" theme like this:


(This is probably the cutest party recap I've ever read, and I had a problem 
picking only one or two photos because they are all so creative and fun.)




Doesn't everyone love a party?  Who wants to come when I put together my shindig?


Photos courtesy of PaperSource, HipHip Hooray and Hostess With the Mostess

No comments: