Monday, October 24, 2011

Lazy Days

This was the weekend that Anthony and I were supposed to be in Chicago.  As much as we were looking forward to an actual vacation and to exploring a new city, real life got in the way and we had to cancel our trip (we now have a cool JetBlue credit to use--the possibilities are practically endless, at least until it expires).  Instead, we spent an extended weekend together doing very little but have a great time.
 
We finally went apple-picking:

 
I tried to make Halloween cards but my 'scary' monsters all wound up looking like Elmo:


I went through the IKEA catalog and tagged a bunch of things that would definitely help organize our apartment:



And finally, a homemade apple pie, lattice-style:



Could I use a few more days off? Of course.  But I'm happy we had this time together and that we were able to enjoy some autumn activities.

And I know I've been slacking with my posts.  The past few weeks have been insanely busy, at work and at home.  This week, I promise to be a better blogger (and to write more, and to read more, etc.). 

I hope you all had wonderful weekends.  Happy Monday!

No comments: