Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hello, my name is Crystal...



...and I am a compulsive gift buyer.  No matter how many presents I get for the people on my list, it never seems like enough.  For my parents, I always feel like I should buy them more and tend to lose track of what I've already purchased.  For my brother and sister-in-law, they are so easy to buy for that I can't stop myself sometimes.  And for someone like Anthony, I just want to show him how much I love him, and get him the best presents ever since he is so generous and wonderful year-round. 

I know this doesn't sound like a huge problem, but I wind up spending tons of extra money on additional gifts that don't have a designated recipient.  Then, at the end of the holiday season, I wind up with a bag in my closet full of presents that I didn't give out (right now, that bag includes a Crate and Barrel vase and two Hello Kitty ornaments).  For the entire month of December, it's like I'm on a constant quest for the perfect gifts. Am I too generous or am I am obsessive shopper?

This only happens to me around Christmastime; I am cautious to a fault with my purchases throughout the year.  But I can't be the only one with this problem, right? How do your shopping habits change around the holidays?



Image courtesy of weheartit via imyeritgirl

No comments: