Friday, October 12, 2012

What's for Lunch?

Just a few years ago, New Haven had only two food trucks. Now, there are six to ten that rotate around the city, parking on the streets during lunchtime. I visited the Fryborg truck for the first time today with a co-worker and it was more than worth the trip. 


The menu is simple with Belgium-style french fries, grilled cheese sandwiches, dessert grilled sandwiches and a variety of drinks.  I ordered the special of the day, a Black Forest melt on pumpernickel, which was pretty good but needed more time to cook.  The fries were yummy and you get to pick your own dipping sauces from a large list of choices (the Old Bay mayo ruled).  The real stand-out though was my co-worker's sandwich, which was a combo of warm marshmallow fluff and peanut butter on grilled white bread.  It was so delicious that I think I may actually have to break down and buy a jar of fluff so I can make one for Anthony.

I mean, New Haven's food truck scene isn't as hopping as it is in New York, but it's definitely growing.  Everyone deserves a chance to buy gourmet food from a converted bread delivery truck, right? xo


No comments: