Monday, January 6, 2014

Fresh.

Hello, lovelies. It's been a while.

It's been about two months since my last post, but it feels like longer. And a lot has happened since the beginning of November. There were so many times I wanted to sign on and share my latest favorites or my weekend plans or even just my jumbled emotions, but I'm glad I waited to get back into the swing of things. It made me miss my daily/weekly writings here in this space much more than I thought I would.

So let's start fresh. 2013 was a mixed year in my book. There were milestones and major changes, a pretty special wedding and the death of a very close family member.  Turmoil ensued more than once, and now, I'm craving a quiet, peace-filled year. I think 2014 has potential.

I'll leave you with a few highlights from the end of last year.  I'm happy to be back. xo


At our annual apple picking outing, the baby alpacas climbed into the feeder to eat.

Stump. Self-explanatory.

On this stage, there is a very small, very colorful Elton John.

We went to see the balloons being blown up in Stamford for their Thanksgiving parade. 
This smurf could not be contained.

Warm churros and fancy hot cocoas.

Ice storms and crystalline trees.

Anthony and I posing at the theater at MSG before A Christmas Story, 
with photo-bombing friends in the background

I love how the red and green tip of the Empire State Building emerges from behind 
other buildings and the corner of a food truck, just like it was meant to.

I took on the task of making my grandmother's traditional Christmas Eve fare, potato croquettes.

Our small but mighty tree.

I bought my cat niece and nephew a cardboard cabin for Christmas. 
I love that they love it.

"Bide your time, for success is near." Hopefully, this fortune is a sign from the cookie gods.

No comments: