Thursday, June 24, 2010

Perfect Dessert Displays





Last Tuesday, I went to New York City with Anthony, my brother, his fiancee and one of their friends.  It was a beautiful day.  There was lots of sunshine and a nice breeze, although it did get quite warm later in the afternoon.  We spent some time in the Flatiron district (the Shake Shack line was too long so we didn't have lunch in Madison Square Park--boo!) and bought cookies at City Bakery.  On our way down to Washington Square Park, we stopped at Fishs Eddy.  I've passed this store before but never checked it out, and I thought that this would be a great store to bring my co-travelers since they are all pastry chefs (with the exception of Anthony!).  The store has great homewares and there were so many things that I would have loved to get, like adorable saucers and small glass containers with covers. 

My favorite display by far was the table with the stacked cake stands.  The colors were vibrant and really eye-catching.  The styles all had a vintage vibe to them, like these were reproductions of cake stands that would have been used in the 1950's.  I really wanted to buy one but I knew that I would never use it as I don't make cake that often.  We're going into the city again soon and maybe we'll stop by Fishs Eddy. Who knows what I might come home with?

The bowls that I love:


The really cute plate that my brother bought:


My favorite cake stand:


No comments: