Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Being a Maine-iac

This week, Anthony and I are on vacation in Maine.  So far, it's been low-key, relaxing and so enjoyable, just as we imagined.  I was here only once when I was fourteen with my family and Anthony's never been to Maine so it's been fun to explore the area together.  We've spent time near the water (the condo we are renting is just a few blocks from the Ogunquit beach) and stopped at the outlets for some shopping.  My favorite parts so far have been our sidetrips to check out local treasures like the Goldenrod in York Beach (you can watch salt water taffy being made!) and Flo's Hotdogs, which has been featured on tons of Travel Channel shows and even the Food Network for the best hot dogs and special relish. 

We still have a few days left here in Vacationland but I'm already dreading our departure.  Still up on deck: another day at the beach and a highly anticipated trip to Portland!

View from the Marginal Way, Ogunquit, Maine

No comments: