Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bon Appetit Features New Haven's Caseus


I got my new Bon Appetit magazine in the mail yesterday and was really excited to see it was the 'Restaurant' issue.  Since Anthony and I are headed into Brooklyn in a couple of weeks, I thought that maybe I could find a new New York restaurant for us to try.  Flipping through the pages, though, I came across something even better.  There was an attractive picture of Arctic Char with Cucumber-Feta Relish along with these delicious-looking Jalapeno-Goat Cheese Hush Puppies.  Now, I'm not even sure what a hush puppy is exactly but they looked so good that I looked down to scan the ingredients and that's when I saw that not only is this a great-looking meal but it's also from one of my favorite restaurants, Caseus Fromagerie Bistro in New Haven, Connecticut. 

Caseus is located just a few blocks from my office and is such a great place for a meal.  The food is excellent (my favorites are the burger with blue cheese, the pomme frites and, of course, the cheese plate) and the atmosphere is so relaxed and welcoming.  The restaurant has the feel of a bohemian French bistro and I just love it.  Hopefully, with the spotlight on Caseus in this month's Bon Appetit, more people will discover the loveliness of this New Haven spot.


Photo courtesy of Bon Appetit

No comments: