Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Did You Say Alpaca?

We spent our last day of vacation in Portland, Maine (I know, I know, I still haven't posted on the trip but it's coming!).  After a delicious late lunch of fried shrimp and scallops, we walked along the water a bit, checking out the boats and the beautiful views.  And that's also where we came across one of those displays with hundreds of pamphlets of area attractions that I can never pass up.  I'm sure Anthony inwardly groans every time I stop and start loading up on cards about hot air balloon rides and outlet shopping and wax museums.  This time, I controlled myself a bit since we were getting ready to head home to Connecticut leave behind all good things in Maine, but I couldn't help taking a pamphlet for an alpaca farm that was three hours north of Portland.  The farm itself looked gorgeous and the fluffy alpacas were adorable.  Maybe on our next trip, right?

Or maybe on our next "Exploring Connecticut" weekend.  Last year, we made a list of several things in Connecticut that we wanted to see.  There are so many things to see and do right in our own state.  A little searching led me to the Safe Haven Alpaca Farm in Hampton, Connecticut, just far enough for a fall day trip.  Now all I have to do is convince Anthony...





Photo courtesy of metro.co.uk

No comments: