Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Christening the Kitchenaide

Anthony bought me a Kitchenaide for Christmas.  Did I tell you that?  Four months ago, I unwrapped the most beautiful gift, a mint-green retro mixer for our countertop.  I have wanted one of these glorious machines for as long as I can remember so obviously, I ripped it out of the box and started using it right away, baking up all sorts of treats.



Except that I didn't.  You see, Anthony and I weren't supposed to buy each other expensive gifts for Christmas this year.  We are saving for a wedding, a wedding that is almost exactly one year away.  But he knew how much I wanted one and how happy it would make me, after I stopped being mad at him, of course.  I considered returning it, but couldn't do it.  So I made a special spot on the counter and have looked at it fondly every day since December 25th.

And then on Friday night, I decided that I needed to use it.  I christened the Kitchenaide to make sugar cookies for Easter.  I should have mixed the ingredients together a bit more, but in less than two minutes, I had an entire batch of dough ready to chill then bake.  It was the true meaning of baking efficiency.



I'd like to say that I'm going to use it all of the time now, but I'm not sure yet.  In a way, it still seems too pretty to use.  What I do know is that every time I look at it, I smile.  I also feel like I should be waxing it up nightly so that it stays shiny.  It's one of the best gifts I've ever received, and I'm glad I didn't return it.

No comments: