Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Landmark

When we were in New York on St. Patrick's Day, I regret not taking a picture of the Empire State Building, shining bright green light against the foggy sky.  The image was so striking, almost comicbook-esque.  It was a photo that any tourist would kill for (not that I necessarily consider myself a tourist, although I never can pass up an iconic NYC picture). 

While I was waiting for my friend near Herald Square this rainy weekend, I noticed that everyone was walking by and looking up.  Eventually, I did too, only to see a perfect shot of the Empire State Building masked by fog and clouds.  It was gorgeous against the sky, almost like a clip from a black-and-white movie.  Even though it was a couple of weeks late, I'm glad I finally got my picture.


No comments: