Monday, November 12, 2012

A Gentler High School

Spotted: At a high school in Fairfield county in the first floor girls' restroom, this very polite graffiti was scribbled on the back of the door of the second to last bathroom stall:


In case you can't make it out, the top comment says "Obama is the Bomb Diggity" with a fluorescent yellow "Romney is a sack of Poo" written next to it. And don't forget my favorite: "You are beautiful" in black marker. So positive and inspirational. I think everyone likes encouragement when rushing in the bathroom during third and fourth period.

I just love how PG-13 these writings are.  When I was in high school, the stairwells, lockers and restrooms were all covered in nasty sentiments and negative thoughts, the c-word and t-word thrown around liberally. Hardly anyone ever mentioned politics in regular conversation, nonetheless took the time to scrawl their beliefs in a public place.  I know this is a small sample size, but I think I like the new attitude of today's youth. xo


No comments: