Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mugs for All Occasions

This year, I bought several mugs to give out as Christmas presents.  Mugs are something that I don't normally buy for other people but that I always want to buy for myself.  Anthony and I have a bunch already and since it's only the two of us, we obviously have more than enough.  But mugs really reflect a person's personality.  Based on the style, color or graphics on the outside, you can tell a bit about a person. 

Bon Appetit had a post on their blog today featuring 6 of their favorites mugs to give as last-minute gifts.  I love them all but here are a few of my favorites:

This one is simple and classic but I love that you can see through it.  These are the same type of mug that the Cheesecake Factory uses and I order coffee when we're there just to see the cream mix with the black coffee. 



I really love these Bridge and Tunnel mugs from Fish's Eddy.  (I bought one of my bosses an awesome New York Times crossword puzzle mug from there for Christmas).  I like the drawings and the 'city vibe' I get when I look at them.




And here is a Pantone mug for art-loving, decorating people.  I don't paint or redecorate very often but I still think it's awesome to drink out of a paint chip mug.  I would choose a different color though, maybe a blue or a peach. 




Do you have a favorite mug? Right now, my most-used mug is a huge blue bowl-like cup that I've had since college.  I wonder what that says about me. 



Photos courtesy of Bon Appetit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read so many posts about the blogger
lovers however this post is genuinely a fastidious paragraph, keep it up.


Also visit my weblog - Jessica