Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Panda at the Atlanta Zoo!

The Atlanta Zoo has just released pictures of its newest panda cub and honestly, I am completely enamored by this animal.



I have a true love for panda bears.  Anthony and I have seen the pandas at the San Diego Zoo on two separate occasions, and we even stood in the freezing cold during a snow storm last year to see the pandas at the National Zoo in Washington DC before they were sent back to China.  I think I'm drawn to their expressive faces (maybe it's the black circles around their eyes?) and I'm not embarrassed to admit that I've watched more than my fair share of panda documentaries.  They are rare and adorable (unless provoked, right? I mean, they are so cute, sometimes people forget that they can be really dangerous) and the cubs are some of the cutest animals around. Also, I dare you to watch this clip and not feel cheerful for at least an entire two minutes afterward. 

If you need a pick-me-up later today, feel free to visit the Zooborns site for more panda cub pictures.  You're welcome!


Photo courtesy of Atlanta Zoo and AP/Yahoo

No comments: