Friday, December 31, 2010

Wishes for 2011




Today is New Year's Eve, and I'm starting to think of the year ahead.  2010 was a good year in many ways and in others, it was a letdown.  I'm looking to make some changes in 2011, and even though I have reservations, I'm excited about what is to come. 

I'm proud of what I have accomplished in the last twelve months though.  I went to several new places (Washington DC, Baltimore and Niagara Falls), had my New Haven guide featured on Design*Sponge and even registered for the AWP Writer's Conference, which is being held this coming February in Washington DC.  Hopefully, this year will be the year that I learn to sew, take a few cooking/baking classes and finally move towards New York.

People from all around the world have been leaving their hopes and wishes for 2011 on the Times Square Visitor's Center Wishing Wall.  With the snowstorm, I didn't have a chance to go into Manhattan this week but I would have loved to leave my message for the new year on this wall with thousands of others.  The wishes will be dropped with the rest of the confetti at midnight tonight so that the streets will be swirling with hopefulness for at least a few minutes, which is really one of the loveliest images ever.  

I wish for you all a safe and wonderful year full with love, happiness and laughter. 


Photos courtesy of Flickr and Popsugar

No comments: