Monday, January 16, 2012

Back from the Road

We got home from our short jaunt to Washington DC last night, and while I'm home today cleaning and doing things I should have done this weekend, Anthony is at work and I'm wishing we were able to spend one last day together.  Our weekend away was fun, but not without hiccups, just like most of our adventures. 

We left on Thursday morning at 5am-ish in the pouring rain, and once we reached the city, the brakes on Anthony's jeep stopped working.  What followed was a terrifying 5 minutes, a tow ride to a repair shop off the map, and then a long cab ride to our hotel with all of our bags to finally check in.  We made the best of the situation (luckily, we didn't need a car to get around), but we were still a bit bummed.  The hotel upgraded our room though, which was a welcome, unexpected and needed treat.

This week, I'll be posting highlights from our trip.  Also, this was the first time I used my iPhone to take candid, off-the-cuff pictures and it was cool and distracting at the same time.  We had a great time, but I'm happy to be home in our freezing apartment with a repaired automobile.


Anthony and I at the ice rink at the Sculpture Garden,
freezing on a cement bench in 32 degree weather

No comments: