Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A French Breakfast that Transports


After seeing these French Breakfast Muffins on Pinterest for the last few months, I decided to make a quick batch last night.  There's nothing particularly standout in the ingredient list, and the recipe only made eight muffins, but I will definitely be making them again.  They taste great and the texture is really interesting, with an incredibly soft inside and a really golden, sugary crust.  And the best part is that once baked, you are supposed to dip the warm muffins first in melted butter and then in a sugar and cinnamon mixture.  How can you go wrong with a butter and sugar-covered treat?

I originally thought that the muffins were called 'french' because of the melted butter but now I think it's because when you eat them, the only place you want to be is in a cafe in Paris with coffee and a newspaper (preferably in English).  That's exactly what I'll be thinking of when I eat one for breakfast tomorrow while sitting at my desk at work. xo



Recipe via Velvet Lava Cafe

No comments: