Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Aspirations

On Saturday, I tried to straighten up our apartment a bit and couldn't believe that it actually looked messier when I was done than when I started.  I'd love to have one of those homes where everything has a place, where there are shelves with alphabetized books and shiny cabinets with cake platters organized by size and color.  How can we keep our comforter fluffy? And why is it so hard to find curtains that fit our windows and actually look good?  These are all things I hope to learn as I grow up and become an adult (sidenote: I'm almost 30 and have lived on my own for many years without gaining much knowledge in this area.  Maybe I'm missing the decorating gene...).

After the mild weather this weekend, I'm anxiously awaiting the first warmish day so that I can open windows and air out the apartment, as if that would somehow make it more cheery.  Also, new goal for the year: try to make our bedroom look as beautiful as this one below, which was featured on Design*Sponge.  Happy Monday!






Photo courtesy of Design*Sponge

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I definitely lack a decorating gene. I just know what I don't like but only after I've seen it a million times.

That duvet looks awesome.