Friday, February 10, 2012

Doesn't CPK always mean Cabbage Patch Kid?

 

I didn't make valentines this week. I didn't finish writing that short story.  Our apartment still needs to be vacuumed.  For most of the week I had a killer headache and earache, which forced me to actually see a doctor yesterday.  Prognosis: Undetermined.  I have a follow-up with an ENT physician next Wednesday and until then, I have some medicated ear drops.  Not very helpful but it's a start. 

I did however meet up with a friend last night at a California Pizza Kitchen (people sometimes shorten this to CPK which really confuses me because CPK will always translate into Cabbage Patch Kid in my mind.  What an awesome restaurant that would be...) where I had a delicious salad and we actually ordered a dessert to share, something that I never do.  We sat and sipped coffee while we spooned our warm brownie sundae thing like real grown-ups.  Then we went next door and wandered around the giant Barnes and Noble and I successfully resisted buying a new book because I already have five dozen in my 'to-read' queue.  It was a good night. 

There's snow in tomorrow's forecast and despite the fact that this has been a winter with 50 degree highs in New England, everyone is panicking.  Inclement weather or not, have a wonderful weekend, my dears, and I'll try to do the same.  xo




Image from Sugar Plum via weheartit

No comments: