Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just a Bit Under

I haven't been myself for a couple of months.  My ears have been aching and my head has been pounding, so much so that it's hard to focus on anything.  And then last Thursday, I almost got into an accident on my way to work because I was dizzy while driving, and I knew I had to go back to the doctor.

So, it's Migraine City for me, with some TMJ trouble to boot.  My balance is much better and I'm not as lightheaded as I was last week, although my head is still hurting.  I'm truly hoping this will be the end of the constant headaches and ear aches though.  I just hate feeling disoriented all the time.

While I was fading in and out of sleep this weekend, I kept thinking about the cool breeze and warm sun that comes with spring.  In the morning when I leave for work now, I can smell the ocean and it makes me want to turn around, head back into the condo for sneakers and walk down to the beach.  Pretty soon, when I get home from work around 6:30pm, it'll still be light out.  I've always loved winter but this year, I can't wait to be able to spend time outside, perhaps because I feel like I've been ill and cooped up forever.

Yesterday, I walked down the street during my lunch hour and was reminded of how much I love the handmade decorations that the local yarn store, Knit, displays on the street.  It adds color and comfort on even my gray days.  Even when I'm feeling blah and off-balance.  Even when most people just walk by and ignore them.  Sometimes the smallest thing really makes a difference.







Photos courtesy of my new iPhone (yes, I'm trying to use it!)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I just drove by that place the other day. I have a yarn store right by me so I haven't ventured into Knit but it looks great. The winter leading into spring is my favorite and I get excited when the sun stays out later and later in February and March.