Monday, July 2, 2012

Turning Thirty: Improving

I'm turning thirty years old on July 6th so for the next five weeks, I'm embracing life and trying to do at least one new and/or enjoyable and/or spectacular thing per day. Click here for more Turning Thirty posts.



This past Thursday night, I was watching tv with Anthony and telling him about the AltSummit class that was starting at 9:00pm, the one I had been looking at for weeks but never registered.  Then, I thought to myself (or maybe these were Anthony's words...), "Why don't I just sign up for it now?"  Literally four minutes before it started, I ran to my computer, punched in my info, and entered the online classroom.  Seize the moment, right?

This was the best AltSummit class that I've taken so far (my third one overall), and I really loved Victoria from A Subtle Revelry.  She was just as fun and sweet as I thought she'd be from reading her blog, and boy, is she impressive!  She juggles like 8 calendars, many different jobs and has 3-year old twins! Victoria also does something that I do not: she utilizes several online organizing tools in order to make sure she is in top of everything.  I'm kind of ashamed to admit this but I have hundreds and hundreds of bookmarks, which are totally unorganized, and every time I see something that I love, I copy the link and email it to myself.  Disaster.  There couldn't have been a better class for me to take at this point.

As a casual but dedicated blogger, I'm excited for the opportunities that AltSummit provides, and thanks to Bing, I have the opportunity to take a couple more classes free of charge this summer.   Now, excuse me while I go and make friends with Evernote and Thoughtbox, per Victoria's suggestions.

#thanksbing


The beautiful image above is courtesy of A Subtle Revelry (I love this idea!)



No comments: