Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Turning Thirty: The Aftermath

I've been thirty years old for almost one week.  No, I don't feel different, but yes, I kind of feel older.  It's weird, it's new, it'll wear off in another day or so.

But the last few days have been tumultuous.  My birthday was on Friday and we had a great time at dinner with family friends.  And then I spent the rest of the weekend with tonsils the size of tennis balls with a diet of cranberry juice and ginger ale.  We cancelled our plans, got comfortable watching re-runs on tv and Anthony made me soup for every meal.

Some highlights:
  • I got my license renewed and I still look like I'm from the 1920's with a hair swoop in my picture.
  • My birthday gift from Sephora is one of my favorite things ever: Fresh Sugar lip balms! How'd they know?
  • Stratford fireworks are set off right across the street from where we live so we had a front row seat. 
  • My wonderful extended family helped celebrate my birthday a few days early (three of us have birthdays within a week of one another).
  • Last week, my car hit 200,000 miles (I took the photo while driving so excuse the poor picture quality).
  • I finally finished State of Wonder by Ann Patchett.  I could tell from the beginning of the book what would happen at the end but I was still surprised. I love when that happens.
I had a great time with my Turning Thirty posts.  I may be thirty now, but there are plenty of new things to try everyday. Thanks to everyone who followed my posts.  Happy July!









No comments: