Thursday, March 14, 2013

Funny Ladies



Last year, I fell in love with this little sitcom on NBC called BFF, written by and starring Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair. It was extremely funny with snappy dialogue and realistic, relatable characters.  Right after I saw the first episode, I started looking into comedy writing classes and rules for improv so that I could try to infuse my own work with a few laughs and maybe some day write something just as wonderful as BFF. That's how good it was.  And like all good shows lately, it was cancelled after a mere six episodes. 

I'm obsessed with funny ladies lately. It's so hard to create 'good' comedy and there is nothing more satisfying than witty humor and smart writing, which brings me to the most exciting news of my week: USA has just ordered a new pilot from Parham and St. Clair. That's right, a new show from these thoughtful, hysterical comediennes. Yeeeesss.

I can't wait for this show and I hope that USA ultimately picks it up. And yes, there is a little bit of me that is expecting to see little Q pop up with some new, awesome insights. xo



Via Splitsider

No comments: