Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Around the World Together

 
It's hard to keep secrets from a person to whom you tell everything.  For Anthony's birthday in mid-June, I've planned a weekend getaway to a place we've never been but can drive to in less than 5 hours.  I'm trying my best to keep it a surprise until right before we leave on June 11th but the more excited he gets, the more excited I get, and I just want to tell him.

The last few years, we have been trying to visit many of the bigger cities in the Northeast.  Last year, we were in Philadelphia for two days, and this winter, we spent time in Washington DC.  It's amazing to think that I've lived most of my life mere hours from these great cities but have always looked toward the west coast when it comes to vacation destinations.  Next on deck (maybe): Montreal or Chicago this summer, two places that we have been dying to check out for years!

What North American destinations are on your list?

(Photo courtesy of 1000scientists on weheartit.com)

No comments: