Friday, May 28, 2010

Long weekend!

 
Long weekends are wonderful.  I love that feeling on a Sunday night when you realize that even though the next day is Monday, you still have a full 24 hours to enjoy yourself.  We have a few things planned but mostly, I want to spend time with Anthony, take advantage of the weather and do some things that I've been looking forward to for months. 

Activities for tomorrow include lunch plans with dear friends and looking for tag sales in search of the perfect nightstand that I can paint and decoupage to my heart's content.  For the rest of the weekend, there are trips to donate clothes and other unwanted household goods, attempts at re-learning how to sew (the last time I sat at a sewing machine, I was twelve!) and hopefully, there will be time to see a movie or two. 

Memorial Day usually symbolizes the start of summer (along with remembering and thanking the troops who fought and died for our country) and summer is usually the season when people slow down and try to relax a bit.  I always try to do that but it never seems to happen.  The last few weeks have been busy and the next couple will be hectic too, with weekend trips planned for the next two weeks, so I will definitely enjoy this break and I hope you all do too!

(Photo courtesy of weheartit)

1 comment:

Adreana Joseph said...

Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up and visit the article here of How Does Scrap Metal Affect Junk Car Prices?