Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

 Photo of Dana Hotel in Mission Bay, San Diego
 
The past few weeks have flown by.  With my brother's wedding and all the preparations that go along with it, I haven't had a spare minute.  Last Friday night was the bridal shower for my future sister-in-law, which was a great time and well-worth the work though.  Then, my dad's birthday was Sunday so I had my parents, grandparents and my brother and his fiancee all over to our small apartment for brunch.  Overall, it went well and I was a little impressed with myself because three of the dishes that I made (home fries, scones, and bacon cheddar biscuits) were things I had never made before and they still were pretty tasty!

And now with just a few weeks until the Big Day, I'm so excited to look beyond the wedding and make plans for November and December.  Fall and winter are usually the seasons when I meet up with close friends from college that I hardly ever see, and I am really looking forward to that this year.  Also, I keep telling myself that we can't go on vacation now (even though the only thing I want to do is go away for a while) so it didn't help that I just received an email from my favorite hotel in San Diego offering very inexpensive rooms--I am having trouble not booking two tickets to California, grabbing Anthony and making a beeline to the airport. 

Even though it's only Wednesday, I want the weekend to be here already.  Friday can't come soon enough!

No comments: