Monday, September 13, 2010

Preparing for the Bridal Shower

This coming Friday night is my future sister-in-law's bridal shower.  I've been running around for weeks trying to get the perfect gifts, making decorations (the party is being held at my parents' home) and trying to find something cool but casual to wear.  With only a few days left, it seems like I've crossed off most of the tasks on my list, which makes me feel less stressed.

Yesterday, I spent all day with my mom making cookies for the dessert table.  We cut of sugar cookies in the shape of diamond rings and wedding cakes, and I decorated all of the wedding cake-shaped cookies, which took me forever.  In the end, I really loved them though--hopefully, everyone else will love them, too!

I'm really looking forward to posting photos of the shower and can't wait to celebrate my brother's upcoming wedding in 3 weeks!

A picture of my wedding cake cookies--we used royal icing and colored sprinkles for decorations. 

No comments: