Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dreaming





Last night, I had a dream that I was working at a sandwich shop.  My brother was the manager, and he made me chop and dice vegetables for hours.  Then, he made me work on a Saturday afternoon after I already made other plans and I was sad.

Why can't I ever have any fun dreams, where I'm meeting celebrities, or flying through some galaxy?  Almost a decade ago, I had a dream where Anthony created a new type of poker game, became famous and then kissed one of my friends right in front of me.  When I woke up, I felt so betrayed that I could barely look at him for an entire day (how irrational of me!! So sorry, Anthony!).

It's amazing how our subconscious imagination works, pulling in ideas and people from all different parts of our lives and creating a whole new 'bizarro' world.  Do you dream often?  When I was young, I always wished I had enough dreams to fill one of those 'dream/nightmare' journals!



Image from the fabulous Tim Walker archives

No comments: