Sunday, May 13, 2012

An Orangey Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, I decided to make this Orange Chocolate Chunk cake for dessert.  Of course, I didn't think it would take me four hours to make.  I never thought about how it might melt in the car while my family and I had an early lunch.  And just from looking at the recipe, I didn't think I'd dirty every bowl, spatula and utensil that I've ever owned.

It takes a lot of time to hand-squeeze oranges. 
My hands still smell like citris.


                                                        Sometimes I use this pig spatula...


The chocolate chunks didn't sink to the bottom like I thought they might.  Just in case
you were wondering, the batter is delicious.


Yes, the cake stuck to the pan.  Are you surprised? Me neither. 
I patched it up best as I could.


The ganache was the best part.  It did kind of melt off the top of the cake,
but it was still perfectly rich.


Cake aside, Mother's Day was a success. The dessert wasn't important, and neither were the presents.  It was important that my mother and grandmother had a wonderful day.  Mission accomplished.




No comments: