Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunday Funday

I always look forward to three day weekends.  They are like built-in bonus vacations and I try to take advantage of the extra time.  This weekend was packed with commitments and the only time Anthony and I had to do some chores around the apartment was Sunday morning.  Here's how the morning went:

I decided to make homemade pancakes using buttermilk I had in our refrigerator.  I found the perfect recipe in this awesome Better Homes and Gardens cookbook for Newlyweds that my wonderful aunt gave to me around Christmastime.



I then realized that we ran out of coffee because I'm awesome and forgot to buy some so Anthony ran out to Dunkin' Donuts for us.  So sweet.



The pancakes were good, a little heavy but still delicious.  I burned the last few and our smoke detector went off but whatevs.


Anthony took one for the team and put together the kitchen cart that I bought from IKEA a few months ago.  He did a great job, despite the horrible Swedish cartoon directions.



And now, we're both back to work tomorrow.  It's not officially summer yet, but it's been hot and humid, more like July than May.  There's so much scheduled for the next few months already, but Anthony and I are both looking forward to a few more Sunday mornings like this one. xo

No comments: