I feel like we should all get prizes for making it through this week. I have no idea why the past five days were so insane but a new week is almost here and for that, I'm thankful. Every year, I find that the weeks after July 4th become a whirlwind. There are lots of weddings and bridal showers and new babies already. Summer always seems like the official season of celebration.
I hope you all have lovely weekends planned. My one desire for Sunday is to go to the movies; I don't even really care what we see but I so want to sit in a dark theater and watch a good film. Keep cool and if you are looking for some reading material, here are a few of my favorite links from this week. xo
- I made these Peanut Butter Oat cookies from Serious Eats the other night and brought the batch to the hospital when we went to see family friends who just had a baby. I skipped the buttercream and didn't sandwich the cookies, but on their own, they are light and kind of crispy. And since they have oats in them and no butter, I kept telling people that they were healthy.*
- Martha Stewart has this #BestSummerEver checklist that I am obsessing over. It makes me want to catch fireflies and eat s'mores every night.
- After reading about Miranda Kerr's favorite iPhone apps on Refinery29, I downloaded 'Squats.' My legs are killing me but I kind of like it.
- My mouth is watering from this round-up of great Chinese food restaurants in New York. Anyone up for a daytrip?
- These amazing word portraits of fourth-graders from around the world are so touching. It's extremely heartbreaking to see how many kids are really worried about their parents and money.
*I don't think that the exclusion of butter made these cookies healthy since the recipe called for a cup of peanut butter but no one seemed to mind much.
Photo courtesy of 100layercakelet