Happy Friday! If you made it through the week without melting to death or drowning in your own sweat, congratulations! I'm a cold-weather girl so when the weather is this hot, it's almost hard to remember a time when it wasn't sweltering. Man, I miss my scarves.
So it seems like this week's theme was 'Just Make It Through--You Can Do It!' Other than full, busy days at the office, I feel like the only thing I did was concentrate on not sticking to the couch. I did put in a long day of jury duty on Wednesday though; they picked for eight cases and I somehow emerged free at the end of the day. Sitting in a room full of strangers for hours was a real experience. It's worth noting that most people were wearing clothes to court that I wouldn't wear out of my apartment. Tie-dyed shirts? See-through yoga pants? I'd hate to see what they think is appropriate to wear to a funeral.
I hope you have wonderful plans for the weekend--we're headed to a country-club wedding tomorrow night. Yay for celebrating love (Dear Lord, I hope the venue is air-conditioned). If you are looking for some reading material, here are some of my favorite reads from the week. Stay cool, my lovelies! xo
- The Norwalk Stew Leonard's is selling a version of the cronut. Way to keep on top of the culinary trends, Connecticut!
- These Chipotle Beer Shrimp Quesadillas look amazing and perfect for summer.
- I love this Jimmy Fallon segment with Matt Harvey, the new Mets star pitcher.
- This New York Times article about Jack Handey is so interesting. I really want to read his new book.
- REI has this awesome diagram detailing the assembly process of a s'more. I'm officially on the lookout for a campfire.
- Peanut butter cup crack brownies? I would turn on the oven to make these.
Photo of asperatus clouds over New Zealand via NASA Astronomy site