Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lovely Surprise

Tonight, after we ate dinner, Anthony and I were clearing the table when he disappeared.  He came back a few minutes later with hands behind his back.  He had a present for me, one that he thought he could hold onto until my birthday (July!) but decided that he wanted to give to me now.  I put out my hands and he dropped a heavy book in my hands, Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything.

I've been talking about this book for months.  I look at it every time we are in a bookstore; I read Mark Bittman's posts on the New York Times website.  Not only was the surprise lovely, it was so nice to know that he pays attention to what I like and am obsessed with!  It was very thoughtful and that's the best part about it.  I can't wait to make a huge batch of cookies as a thank you! 

No comments: