Sunday, March 4, 2012

Big Food Week


Let's get down to the important things that happened last week before this new week begins, shall we?  I know this makes me sound like a sad foodie, but two of my favorite places made pretty big announcements.  In the midst of a few of the blah-ist days ever, these little things really made me excited.

Next fall, the wonderful Shake Shack will open a new location about two blocks from my office in New Haven.  There are no words to describe how excited I am about the prospect of walking there during lunch to get a shake.  I mean, it won't be a daily event or anything but it's nice to think that the trip there and back will at least burn some of the calories gained from the delicious liquid treat. 

And then the bakery, Sprinkles, installed an ATM that dispenses cupcakes at its Los Angeles location.  Cupcakes! Out of a machine at any time of the day! What a great idea, except that there aren't any Sprinkles around here.  I guess that I just love the idea of an adorable little snack popping out of a slot at 2am.

Not too shabby at all.  Now, I'm almost ready for tomorrow.  Happy Sunday night!



Photo courtesy of Sprinkles/Facebook page

No comments: