Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reluctantly Springing Ahead


Right now, it's 8:29pm, and it feels like it's only 5:30pm. Damn daylight savings.  This weekend flew by, like every other one lately, but it wasn't without some highlights.

  • On Friday night, I brought home pizza (Lent = no meat on Fridays) and Anthony and I ate on the couch together, recapping our weeks since we hadn't seen each other for more than a few hours since last weekend.  It was a great way to end horribly hectic weeks.
  • I finished a book that I started reading just a few days ago because I was so anxious to see what happened at the end.  Real Life and Liars by Kristina Riggle was quick and fun, and put me in the mood for summer beach reading.
  • I took Anthony to the Connecticut Bridal Expo this morning.  I never pictured myself as someone who would attend one of these events (Anthony was pretty excited about the cake samples), and even though I'm happy we went, I don't think I'll be attending another one any time soon.  Also, it was disturbing that there were several plastic surgery booths at this bridal fair.  Whatever happened to marrying for love and embracing our loved ones for better or worse, frown lines and all?

I hope you all had lovely weekends.  On deck for this week is some wedding planning along with a hockey game at MSG on Saturday!  I'm wishing you all happy Mondays, my dearies! xo


Image courtesy of Bridal Guide (totally crushing on these lanterns and twinkles lights!)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

plastic surgery booths?!!! That is completely insane! I didn't even get tan for my wedding day.

Crystal Patenaude said...

I know, right?! I was shocked. Between the teeth whitening, botox, and lyposuction booths, I was a bit put off. That is totally not what I think of when I think wedding! :)