Thursday, March 22, 2012

Everything's Better with Popcorn...


 
We went to the movies last night to see 21 Jump Street, and I'm going to be honest here: it was much better than I thought it would be.  It's a buddy comedy, and not so much a big-screen version of Law & Order like I thought it would be (although there is a crazy chase scene at the end).  It doesn't hurt that Channing Tatum is extremely good-looking; he and Jonah Hill make a good team on-screen. Next time, we won't eat dinner right before the show so we can get some of that horribly unhealthy movie theater popcorn to snack on. 

I also just finished watching An Affair to Remember, which I can't believe I've never seen in its entirety.  It was enjoyable for sure, but I found that I either loved parts of it or hated parts of it.  I didn't like the end, but I loved the entire first half when they were on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.  I've seen Sleepless in Seattle over 100 times and finally, I'm able to see the similarities between the two films.  One thing is for certain though: Cary Grant's appeal has not faded.  He is still dreamy on the big screen.

I'd love to see Jeff Who Lives At Home this weekend.  Seen any good movies lately (legitimate question, not a pick-up line)?

No comments: