Sunday, May 12, 2013

Scenes from a Weekend: Mother's Day Edition

Between Mother's Day, the rain showers and tons of blooming flowers, this was the quintessential spring weekend, and it was an extremely busy weekend at that. We were running around like crazy most of the time, but we were able to visit with lots of family and friends and even spend some time outside. It's that time of year when you can wear short-sleeves during the day but still have to wear a sweater in the chilly night air. Just perfect.

Flower beds outside of Anthony's mother's house.

I made five dozen onesie cookies for a baby shower on Saturday.  The icing didn't completely set because of the humid weather but they were so cute that no one seemed to care.

I love this flower topiary of a dog at this fancy Greenwich florist. Honestly, if he wasn't $75, I probably would have bought him for our living room.

Here's Lola, the cutest little fluffball, a.k.a. my brother and sister-in-law's kitty. Anthony is allergic to cats but still cannot stop himself from playing with her and her big brother, Chimi, when we visit.

Baskin Robbins sold these Mother's Day ice cream cakes in the shape of purses this year. We drove 20 minutes out of the way in order to get one for Sunday, embarrassingly enough (fyi, the handles are just straws covered in frosting and therefore, not edible).

I love all of the pink petals that have gathered on the sidewalks. They remind me 
of pink fluffy sprinkles, even when they are wet from the rain.
 
So things are getting back to normal here, slowly, and the week ahead promises to be a wonderful one. Anthony's graduation is on Friday and we're both really looking forward to celebrating. And I just booked a short trip to New Hampshire for the end of June so if you have any Portsmouth must-sees, send them along. I hope you all had wonderful weekends--I'm going to enjoy the last of my Sunday night by watching Heavyweights, a truly fantastic mid-90's movie. xo

No comments: