Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sprawling Art

When in New York, I always try to take a walk through Madison Square Park. I love how many different things are packed into this space.  There's a really cool playground along the north edge and at the south edge, there's always a snaking line for the Shake Shack. In between the two are paved paths, families with toddling children, lots of dogs, plenty of benches and always some kind of art installation. It's just such a friendly patch in the middle of the bustling Flatiron district.

The giant pieces that are display now are so beautiful and cheerful. The artist intricately wove thick painted nautical rope to form giant waves.  Don't they look like they belong in a Dr. Seuss book? So perfect for summer.



Sidenote: Does anyone know what kind of flowers these are? I love that they are basically large pompoms balancing on top of a tall, thin stem. If I'm ever lucky enough to have a yard of my own, I'm definitely planting some. xo


No comments: