Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer's Kick-Off

For today's barbecue at my parents' house, I made these cinnamon-sugar cookie bars:


This cake tastes just like a giant snickerdoodle cookie. Love. And it looks so much better after my brother plated it like he was at a fancy restaurant. It's fun to have a professional chef in the family to make even the simplest of dishes look elegant.


Also, I came across these awesome seltzers near the checkout at Stop & Shop:


There were a bunch of new flavors but I only bought the Pomegranate Sangria and Mint Mojito. I may be biased since I'm a seltzer-lover but they were amazing, the kind of drinks that are perfect for a warm day, but would also be perfect in a cocktail.

And just like that, it's the end of the long weekend. Summer is here, kind of. xo

No comments: