Friday, January 21, 2011

Date Night

Anthony and I were good friends for over three years before we 'officially' became a couple.  We lived 45 minutes from one another for the first two and a half years of our relationship but we made the best of the distance.  We met halfway a couple of times a week after work for dinner or coffee, and we spent most weekends together, me staying at his place on Friday nights, him staying at mine on Saturday nights.  It worked for a long time but I can't tell you how happy we were to finally move in together so we could spend as much time with each other as we wanted. 

Even though I wouldn't want things to go back to the way that they used to be, I do miss some things about our first years as a couple.  We spent a lot of time talking in our cars and drinking hot cocoa in coffeeshops.  We also spent a lot of time going to the movies.  Sometimes we'd see two or three films a week, sitting next to one another in the dark sharing popcorn and soda.  Since we joined Netflix, we don't go to the movies as often as we used to, but I still love going to the theater to see new releases.

A couple of days ago, after I got out of work, I met Anthony at the movie theater to see the newest Harry Potter installment.  It was a Wednesday night so the theater was empty.  We had perfect seats, and shared popcorn just like old times.  Perhaps the best part was that it was something we hadn't done in a really long time so the outing felt special.  It was a wonderful impromptu date night and I can't wait to do it again. 





Image courtesy of From Me to You

No comments: