Friday, January 14, 2011

New Muppet Movie Details!


As a huge Muppet fan, I cannot tell you how excited I am about the new Muppet movie coming out later this year.  The film is being written by Jason Segal, currently on How I Met Your Mother, formerly on Freaks & Geeks, and who also just happens to be one of my favorite actors (and favorite writers--I loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall).  The film should be out around Thanksgiving 2011. 

This quick post on New York Magazine provides some details about the movie's plot, including info about the characters' careers.  Gonzo is a plumber; Miss Piggy is an editor at French Vogue.  What a perfect profession for a pig who loves fashion! No hog has ever been so chic!

Even if the movie isn't great (although I think it will be!), it'll be awesome to see the movie on a big-screen and follow new adventures of some of my favorite characters.  And I like the thought of a new generation of kids being introduced to the Muppets, these wonderful human-like puppets that I loved so much growing up.  I mean, how awesome is it that Kermit, Fozzie and Miss Piggy (a frog, bear and pig, respectively) are all portrayed as productive members of society, despite being walking, talking animals, and no one ever questions it?  If only the world was that inclusive in real life. 

Am I the only one who is excited for the new Muppet Movie or are you looking forward to checking out their new wacky adventures too?


Photo courtesy of New York Magazine

No comments: